Join CGI NL Space team as we are picking up more and more projects, and more and more infrastructure. Are you an experienced self-guiding infrastructure engineer who’s looking for the complete picture?
Your day to day activities
The position is supporting multiple projects related to the European Galileo Global Navigation Satellite System. Both on the mission side (making sure the system works) and the user side (using the system we earlier made sure works). As the team grows to support these activities we want to improve our handling of all supporting IT activities on our standalone networks. Because each project is responsible for its own IT, we created this new role as Space unit IT Lead.
As a IT Lead you will be responsible for determining and executing the internal IT strategy that each project will have to follow, centralizing to the department when we can, and determining a single approach when we can’t. Stakeholders, users, and ambitions will all have to be balanced as you formulate the approach and execute the improvements.
You will be responsible for ensuring each project has the environment to perform their day to day activities. Each project needs to be on the same basic setup which you will define in collaboration with the respective project managers.
The approach needs to be determined for;
• IT system availability (File/Exchange/Domain servers)
• Security (Account Management, System patching, Network access)
• Business continuity (Backup requency, recovery/storage location)
• IT Support (1st- and 2md line support)
If the determined approach shows the need you may be required to hire/lead a broader IT team.
Things you need to be successful
• Bachelor’s degree (HBO or WO) or higher with a focus on Information Technology/Communications, or equivalent working experience.
• Solution oriented, working with a Minimum Viable Product mentality as we aim for the
• Very comfortable with both software and hardware
• Strong formal/written and verbal communication skills
Desired qualifications, understanding or also willing to learn if not already knowledgeable of the following technical areas:
• Microsoft Active Directory
• Both Windows (Server and desktop) and Linux (SuSE/Ubuntu/Debian)
• Virtualisation (Hyper-V/VMware)
• Backup concepts (GFS cycle, capacity calculations, tapes)
• Network configuration (routing, VLANs)
• Network layout (optic/copper/power cabling, rack use)
• Firewall configuration (Juniper)
• Auditing of systems (Security / Compliancy)
The successful candidate must hold a valid EU Personal Security Clearance at the level of SECRET or be able and willing to apply for a Security Clearance.
Your working environment
CGI delivers complex, mission-critical space software systems across Europe, Asia and North America, supporting programs from satellite navigation, communications and operations, to space-enabled applications. Galileo is Europe’s own global satellite system and currently consists of a constellation of 22 satellites. It is capable of providing a highly accurate, guaranteed global positioning service under civilian control.
We want to get the best out of you
When you work at CGI, you are right on a challenging workplace with professional colleagues and you are a building block within a close community. We encourage you in your development and offer you all the space. Growth is self-evident.
More information about the vacancy? Contact Gert Mariën via +31 88 56 48295 or email@example.com
For other questions about the application procedure, please contact recruiter Chris Nikijuluw on (088) 564 00 00 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about CGI at www.cginederland.nl
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.